Ruland Rigid Couplings
Ruland Rigid Shaft Couplings are available in one and two-piece designs, with and without keyways, in aluminium, carbon steel, and stainless steel. A large number of standard sizes are available in straight and step bore combinations to fit shafts ranging from 1/8" to 2" in the imperial series and from 3mm to 50mm in the metric series.
Ruland Rigid Shaft Couplings are available in either one piece, two piece, set screw or double wide shaft collar.
Features and Benefits
- Ruland rigid couplings do not introduce misalignment, vibration, or bearing noise into the system making them suitable for high precision servo applications and shaft to shaft connections.
- Highest grade forged screws (DIN 12.9 for metric screws) test to or beyond industry standards for maximum torque ability.
- Only manufacturer with precision honed bores on straight bore rigid couplings for superior fit and torque transmission and alignment.
- The cross cut design ensures a proper clamp on both shafts because it can accommodate slight deviations in the size of the shafts being connected.
- Proprietary Nypatch® coating on hardware provides even seating of the screw, repeated screw installations and prevents galling. Nypatch® hardware also resists vibration and maintains holding power.
- In house proprietary black oxide process produces a fine glossy finish while increasing holding power and resisting corrosion.
- Opposing screws balance the two-piece coupling to reduce vibration and have higher speed capabilities.
Keyways are available as a standard in two-piece rigid couplings. Step bore combinations including inch to metric are also available.
Rigid couplings are available in a variety of sizes and materials including lead-free steel, stainless steel, and high grade aluminium (for low inertia).