Branch Assistant Required at our South West Regional Distribution Centre
Vacancy added: 12/08/19
A vacancy has arisen at our busy regional distribution centre in Bristol for a Branch Assistant. The position will be suited to an inspired individual who is looking to further their career within this specialist industry. The role would include dealing with telephone enquiries and orders from our existing customer base and delivering daily orders to customers.
Experience within the Bearings and Transmission products industry would be a distinct advantage. The successful applicant will possess the ability to work well both in a team environment and also on their own initiative. Previous experience within in a customer facing role is preferred but not essential, as training will be given.
The successful applicant would be responsible for:
- Handling inbound sales enquiries on the telephone and via e-mail which involves checking stock levels and processing sales orders using Microsoft Great Plains & Microsoft Excel
- Making sure stock is stored correctly and safely
- Delivery of goods to customers daily
- Picking stock from the Warehouse for daily delivery
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis
- Ensure standard safety/maintenance checks are made each day to the delivery vehicle
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times
- To undertake, when requested by the Branch Manager, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role
All applicants will need a current full clean driving licence, possess a flexible approach and show an eagerness to succeed and grow within our company.
If you think this is you and are ready for a challenge, please contact me in the earliest instance.
Salary and benefits package is negotiable and will be discussed at interview level, taking into consideration level of experience. Working pattern is 40 hours per week.
Learn more about Acorn South West
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Applicants should apply either via email, including a CV or a completed job application form (opens new window), or by letter.
Please send email applications to: Jon Sidwick, Branch Manager
or post your application to:
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (South West)
Unit 2, Lescren Way