A Business Development Manager is required at our North West Distribution Centre
We're looking for a dynamic, ambitious and driven person to join the team at our North West Regional Distribution Centre
This newly created position offers an excellent opportunity to work alongside a forward thinking team and a chance to be part of a Global industrial group - Axel Johnson International (opens new window)
As the Business Development Manager, you're role will be to look for opportunities to grow our existing accounts, whilst seeking out new clients for the company.
Experience: Prior experience within the industrial engineering sector is an advantage, but if you excel in other areas we can work around this.
Location: The branch is in Cumbria
Working hours: 40 Hours per week (8:30am to 5:30pm)
Reporting to: The Regional Manager
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Researching and sourcing potential business opportunities and contacts
- Following up business leads and identifying new sales opportunities
- Setting up client meetings
- Preparing professional presentations for new clients, selling all the features of why they should move their custom over or stay with our company
- Preparing and submitting formal business tenders and proposals
- Managing ongoing business accounts whilst building new relationships
- Communicate with other team members what your plans are for that week, where/who you will be visiting
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested by the managing directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company.
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Ambitious and persistent
- Self-motivated and enjoy working to targets
- A natural networker
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter
- Commercial knowledge to analyse market data and identify new opportunities
- Strong team player, but equally good at taking initiative
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Technical product knowledge would be great but we can train you
- Previously worked in sales, marketing or project management
- Management experience is desirable
- A UK drivers licence is essential