We are looking for a Credit Controller to join the Accounts department
Working hours: 40 Hours per week (8am - 5pm)
Reporting to: Accounts Manager
Date posted: 14.01.2022
Description: As a Credit Controller, you will liase with debtors in order to meet targets for cash collection and give general support to the Accounts Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing and generating reminder letters & monthly statements
- Chasing debt via the Credit Control software, via telephone and e-mail
- Reduction of Debtor days
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Working to strict monthly collections targets
- Issuing goods returns and sales credits
- Setting up of new credit accounts – following the relevant due diligence checks and admin process
- Maintenance of Customer credit limits
We would also like to hear from you if you have the following skills:
- Chasing payments of outstanding debts and negotiating with debtors to achieve the quickest and best level of recovery
- Identify slow paying accounts and notify the accounts manager of the relevant information
- Meet periodic cash collection targets in order to achieve Acorn’s cash flow objectives
- Deal with correspondence from debtors, third parties and clients to ensure that good service levels are maintained
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested the accounts manager, FC or managing directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company.
To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
- Working knowledge and experience of Great Plains accounts software
- Good ICT Skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good Knowledge of accounting procedures
Apply for this position
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference - we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to :-
Or apply by post to -
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate.
We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.
- +Our experts
- Onsite advice
- Business solutions
- Timing belt cutting service
- Linear 24
- SKF EDC24