Become a Sales Advisor with a leading engineering component distributor
Posted: 23rd November 2021
Location: Unit 4, Forge Close, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2UF
Working hours: 40-hour a week
Reporting to: The branch manager
An vacancy has arisen at our regional distribution centre in Barrow-in-Furness.
The role will involve working with existing and new customers, ranging from completing quote requests and negotiating with suppliers, to securing orders. The position will also cover developing the distribution centre's existing customers and new customer base, problem solving and working with other Acorn branches and departments.
- Handling inbound sales enquiries on the telephone and via e-mail which involves checking stock levels and pricing using Microsoft Great Plains
- Processing sales orders using Microsoft Great Plains
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints, obtaining technical information regarding products where required and general customer service
- Responding to customer enquiries on the phone or via e-mail or via web based sourcing tool
Sourcing items from other suppliers when required
- Maintaining high standards of administration and customer service to achieve maximum profitability & service level
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested by the Branch Manager or Company Directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience in Sales is preferred
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy fast paced environment
- Ability to organise, prioritise, multitask, be flexible and meet deadlines
- Negotiating skills
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in their working arrangements
- An interest in engineering & related products
- Enthusiastic, driven and sales orientated
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manner and technique as well as good interpersonal skills
- Effective numeracy, literacy and word processing skills
- Ability to work well with others and a team player
- Commercial awareness i.e. good understanding of sales procedures, net & gross profit as well as purchasing costs & procedures
- The ability to handle confidential information in the appropriate manner.
- Good ICT skills including working knowledge and experience of Great Plains sales software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook and Microsoft OneNote
- General knowledge health and safety procedures
Experience (and/or) Qualifications Required:
- Standard grades in English and Maths as a minimum
Apply for this position
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference - we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to :-
Or apply by post to -
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate.
We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.
- +Our experts
- Onsite advice
- Business solutions
- Timing belt cutting service
- Linear 24
- SKF EDC24