Exciting opportunity to join bustling Export Department
LOCATION: Unit A, Denby Way, Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, S66 8HR
The role will involve working with existing and new customers, ranging from completing quote requests and negotiating with suppliers, to securing orders. The position will also cover developing the divisions existing customers and new customer base, problem-solving and working with other Acorn departments.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing sales enquiries and sales orders
- Handling inbound sales enquiries on the telephone, via e-mail and online platforms for both existing customers and prospects
- Processing web orders from Acorn Express
- Sourcing items from suppliers when required
- Maintaining high standards of administration and customer service to achieve maximum profitability & service level
- Progressing customer orders to ensure prompt delivery and sending outstanding order updates to customers
- Developing your understanding of customers’ needs to work with the Export Sales Manager to maximise every opportunity
- Relaying customer issues/pricing information and feedback to the Export Sales Manager
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is always provided to customers and colleagues
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role
Experience and Skills Requirement
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manager as well as good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and liaise closely with internal colleagues and external contacts
- Good commercial awareness i.e. sales procedures, net & gross profit as well as purchasing costs
- Exceptional organisational and prioritising skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word
- Willingness to learn
- Good negotiating experience
- Ability to work closely with key assigned customers to grow their account
- Ability to handle confidential information in the appropriate manner
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- The ability to handle confidential information in the appropriate manner
- 22 days paid annual leave per year plus public holidays.
-Company-paid health cash plan through Westfield and bonus potential after completion of successful probationary period.
-Free on-site parking
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team. We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference - we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply by post to -
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate. We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.