How do keyless bushings work?
A Keyless Bushing offers flexible and easy installation, while providing exceptional holding power. The unique Keyless Bushing is a prime example of offering a competitive edge for equipment design and operation. It allows components to be securely mounted and accurately positioned on a shaft in seconds without the need for a keyway. Expertly designed, it provides repeated component mounting/removal, reduced assembly time and lower maintenance costs. The keyless concept provides a wealth of benefits.
Mount components without keys, keyways and setscrews
Machining keyways or flats creates a weak spot in the shaft. A keyway does not have to be cut in the shaft, a given shaft size can transmit greater torque, or you can downsize both the shaft and components, reducing size, weight, and cost. In addition, because tolerances are not as critical as with a keyed mount, a less expensive shaft can be used. In fact, an unfinished shaft is preferred.
Keylesss units can also be used directly over empty keyways to repair a worn or damaged connection. Both "inch" and "metric" units are available, making it easy to return both domestic and foreign machinery to service quickly.
Mount hubless components
A unique feature is the ability to mount hubless components. The precision-machined outer element ensures a perpendicular, flat mounting face. This allows the use of plate sprockets, hubless gears, disc brakes, etc., often at substantial cost savings. Problem weld-on hubs are a thing of the past.
Features & Benefits of Keyless Bushings
- Eliminates fretting corrosion, backlash and key wallowing associated with keyed mountings
- Can be mounted directly over damaged or worn keyways
- Functions as a mechanical shrink fit
- Single locking nut feature
- Fast and easy component repositioning/synchronization
- Hex flats on outer element for installation counter-torque
- Eliminates the need to hold shaft or block machine while applying installation torque
The Keyless Bushing can be put to work in any number of applications including:
- Timing pulleys
- Conveyor rolls
- Propeller fan hubs
- Grinding wheels
- Use Tkeyless bushings to effortlessly mount all kinds of components