Communication to customers and suppliers
Acorn Industrial Services takes the privacy of all customers and suppliers, and those that communicate with us very seriously and as a valued customer and supplier, we wanted to give you an update on our preparations for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have put together this brief statement to help you understand what steps we are taking to meet the requirements of GDPR in time for the 25th May 2018 deadline.
We are currently undertaking a company wide GDPR readiness project which includes:
- Documenting our processing activities including recording the legal basis of processing personal data and special category data throughout the Company.
- Reviewing and updating all policies and procedures in accordance with GDPR. In particular, we will be reviewing and formalising our data retention.
- Reviewing and revising our Third Party contracts and agreements where personal data is shared to meet GDPR compliance standards.
- Reviewing and revising all privacy notices to meet GDPR compliance standards.
- Reviewing consent as a legal basis of processing and ensuring adequate mechanisms are in place to manage consent appropriately and meet GDPR compliance standards.
- We will provide further updates and communications as we work proactively to ensure that we meet the requirements of GDPR by the 25th May 2018.
- You may also receive individual communications in relation to specific aspects of GDPR compliance as they are reviewed or updated.
If you have any additional or specific questions please email us.