A Business Development Manager is required at RW Bearings
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest stockists of bearings, linear motion systems, power transmission products and maintenance equipment in Europe as a Business Development Manager based at RW Bearings in Cinderford, Gloucestershire.
The Business Development Manager will generate sales leads and hold key responsibilities as part of this exciting role.
- Researching and sourcing potential business opportunities and contacts
- Following up business leads and identifying new sales opportunities
- Setting up client meetings, customer visits, online meetings
- Preparing professional presentations for new clients, selling all the features of why they should move their custom over or stay with our company
- Preparing and submitting formal business tenders and proposals
- Managing ongoing business accounts whilst building new relationships
- Communicate with the branch manager & colleagues what your plans are for that week, where/who you will be visiting/ meeting
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- To undertake, when requested by the managing directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company.
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role.
The salary for this role is negotiable and benefits include company car allowance and company paid Health Cash Plan currently with Westfield Health and private health scheme through Vitality.
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- Ambitious and persistent
- Self-motivated and enjoy working to targets
- A natural networker
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter
- Commercial knowledge to analyse market data and identify new opportunities
- Strong team player, but equally good at taking initiative
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Preparing and presenting business tenders
- Managing business pitches
- Industry specific product knowledge
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Experience (and/or) Qualifications Required:
- Experience within the Industrial Component Distribution Sector & MRO/OEM Sectors
- Previously worked in sales, marketing or project management
- Management experience is desirable
- Full clean UK drivers Licence
Apply for this position
We are always looking for passionate, talented and enthusiastic people to join the team.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference - we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
If you think you have what it takes to improve how we do things, then we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter to :-
Or apply by post to -
The HR Manager
Acorn Industrial Services Ltd (Head Office)
Unit A, Denby Way
Hellaby Industrial Estate
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We are committed to fostering inclusion and diversity in relation to our employees, customers and the community in which we operate.
We aim to ensure that all our employees have the opportunity to develop to their full potential regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or background; and we will not allow artificial or prejudicial barriers from obstructing their career and personal development.
- +Our experts
- Onsite advice
- Business solutions
- Timing belt cutting service
- Linear 24
- SKF EDC24