Sales Advisor vacancy at our Regional Distribution Centre in Washington
Location: 9 Whitworth Road, Armstrong Industrial Estate, District 2, Washington, Tyne & Wear, NE37 1PP
Overview of Role
To serve the sales customer base by providing excellent customer service and general administration support to the Sales Manager.
- Supporting the Branch Manager
- Handling inbound sales enquiries on the telephone and via e-mail, which involves checking stock levels and pricing using company database.
- Processing sales orders using company database.
- Dealing with customer queries, obtaining technical information regarding products where required and general customer service
- Responding to customer enquiries on the phone or via e-mail or via web-based sourcing tool
Sourcing items from other suppliers when required.
- Maintaining high standards of administration and customer service to achieve maximum profitability & service level.
- To positively promote the company and its products and services and ensure that a professional image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To undertake, when requested by the Branch Manager or Company Directors, additional reasonable tasks and responsibilities not outlined above in order to support the success and continuing performance of the department and company.
- To abide by the company’s confidentiality agreement when carrying out all tasks as part of this role
Experience and Skills Requirement
Key Skills Required:
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrate confidence when dealing with customers.
- Customer-orientated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manners and technique
- Experience in sales preferred.
- Able to work using own initiative & unsupervised when required to do so.
- Willing to help out with van deliveries to cover for holidays and driver absence.
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organise, prioritise, multitask, be flexible and meet deadlines.
- Negotiating skills
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in their working arrangements.
- Enthusiastic, driven and sales orientated.
- Effective numeracy, literacy and word-processing skills
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
We make sure every Acorn employee has the chance to make a difference - we offer career-enhancing development opportunities for those with the talent and energy to drive us forward. In addition, as Acorn is part of Axel Johnson International, there are also potential career opportunities within 25 countries worldwide.
The right candidate will have a full training plan to work through and develop their skill set.
If you are someone who has the enthusiasm and drive to succeed in a sales environment and is looking to work for a successful, multi-national, and growing business, get in touch today.
The salary and benefits package is negotiable and will be discussed at the interview level, considering the level of experience. The working pattern is 40 hours per week.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Applicants should apply via email by attaching a CV. Please send applications to Gill Cockroft (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.