What are spherical roller bearings, what are the benefits and where are they used?
Spherical roller bearings consist of two rows of spherical rollers, between an inner and an outer raceway. These rollers reduce friction between moving surfaces, whilst providing a high load carrying capacity. They are suitable for use at low to medium speeds.
It is also important to ensure that you use the right seal with your spherical roller bearing, as ineffective sealing is a common cause of premature bearing failure.
Benefits of spherical roller bearings include:
- Good tolerance for misalignment thanks to their self-aligning properties
- High load carrying capacity
- Long service life
- Low coefficient of friction
- Robust design
Where are spherical roller bearings used?
What other types of spherical roller bearings are available?
In addition to standard Spherical Roller Bearings, the following types are also available:
- Vibratory Screen Spherical Roller Bearings for the demanding requirements of heavy-duty equipment
- Solid Oil Spherical Roller Bearings for use in dry, humid or chemical applications, or where forces expel normal lubrication.
- Sealed Spherical Roller Bearing protect against solid contaminants such as dirt and also moisture.